SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – Consumers rank Bass Pro Shops as one of the most reputable companies in the world according to a new national study.
The Reputation Institute – a national reputation management organization – in conjunction with Forbes conducted the single largest reputation study in the history of the United States, using more than 167,000 individual ratings to measure more than 2,200 companies across the country.
“We are humbled and truly grateful to be singled out by consumers as among the very best in America,” said destination retail pioneer and Bass Pro Shops founder Johnny Morris. “This recognition speaks to the genuine friendly service our remarkable outfitters provide our customers every day. Beyond offering quality products, exceptional value and a shopping environment unlike any other, our people make the difference, and we owe this honor to the collective efforts of our entire team.”
Bass Pro Shops was founded in 1972 when Morris, an avid young angler, began selling tackle on eight square feet of shelf space in his father’s liquor store in Springfield, Missouri. Today, Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s welcome more than 200 million visitors annually to its 200 destination retail and marine center locations across North America, and is a national leader in protecting wildlife habitat and connecting new audiences to the outdoors. The company’s diverse offerings also extend to marine manufacturing with a wide assortment of boats and ATVs under the banner of TRACKER Boats, SUN TRACKER, NITRO, TAHOE, REGENCY, MAKO, RANGER and TRITON and a growing hospitality division including wilderness resorts with world-class golf and outdoor recreation activities.
NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED FOR EXCELLENCE
The company and its leaders have consistently received significant national recognition for excellence within the fields of retail, hospitality, marine manufacturing, attractions and conservation:
- Last year The Retail Reputation Report ranked Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s among the highest in overall customer service;
- The National Retail Federation named Bass Pro Shops as the number two “hottest retailer in America” in 2018;
- Travel + Leisure has named Big Cedar Lodge, the company’s flagship wilderness resort as “Best Resort in the Midwest” for the past three years;
- The National Marine Manufacturers Association recognized the company’s marine brands including TRACKER, NITRO, MAKO, SUN TRACKER, REGENCY AND TRITON with Marine Industry Customer Satisfaction Index awards for the past seven years;
- USA TODAY readers ranked Johnny Morris’ Wonders of Wildlife National Museum and Aquarium, the largest and most immersive fish and wildlife attraction, as “America’s Best New Attraction” and “America’s Best Aquarium” in 2017 and 2018;
- National conservation leaders have recognized the company’s visionary founder and conservationist Johnny Morris with numerous awards and honors, including the prestigious Audubon Medal of Honor and the Park Cities Quail Coalition’s “T Boone Pickens Lifetime Sportsman Award” in 2019
# # #
About Bass Pro Shops
Bass Pro Shops is North America’s premier outdoor and conservation company. Founded in 1972 when avid young angler Johnny Morris began selling tackle out of his father’s liquor store in Springfield, Missouri, today the company provides customers with unmatched offerings spanning premier destination retail, outdoor equipment manufacturing, world-class resort destinations and more. In 2017 Bass Pro Shops acquired Cabela’s to create a “best-of-the-best” experience with superior products, dynamic locations and outstanding customer service. Bass Pro Shops also operates White River Marine Group, offering an unsurpassed collection of industry-leading boat brands, and Big Cedar Lodge, America’s Premier Wilderness Resort. Under the visionary conservation leadership of Johnny Morris, Bass Pro Shops is a national leader in protecting habitat and introducing families to the outdoors and has been named by Forbes as “one of America’s Best Employers.”